Monday, June 23, 2008

$8.94 a gallon


That's what it works out to here in Sicily. Although we don't buy gas by the gallon, but by the liter. And, as NATO forces stationed in Italy, we get to buy gas coupons on base to use at the pumps. We paid $236 for 200 liters of gas coupons. Compare that to $152 for 200 liters a year and a half ago when we moved here...

Heather filled up today with 50 liters. When you do the math, it works out to 13.21 gallons. The total price was €76,15 converted to dollars is $118.10. That works out to $8.94 a gallon for gas here in Italy. The only SUV's are owned by Americans who bring them over from the States. But, since we get to use the tax-free coupons, we really only paid about $59 to fill up vs. $118.


Pay no attention to the photo in the upper right. That's just a reminder of what gas prices where somewhere in the mid-west on October 14, 2006 - less than 2 years ago!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's crazy! And I'm grumpy about paying 4.60, I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm starting to plan my driving by miles and gallons of gas, "It will cost my 2.00 to go to the beach, 5.00 to drive the kids to swim team, 8.00 to Gateways etc..." It's nuts.