Sunday, July 13, 2008

Never Argue with the Data!


Sunday morning ride....Greg, Trisha, Shane, Erin, Eric, Ray, Mo and Me. This was taken at the bar where we stopped for a cappuccino - at the half-way point. Luigi (one of the Italians Heather and I usually meet every Sunday morning) took the photo.

I set my new Garmin 305 to auto-pause, auto-lap, auto-everything...but it was in running mode. I didn't even think to check when I switched to bike mode this morning so my data is totally skewed. I hung with the EOD crowd at about 19-20 mph, average cadence 90 rpm, total calories 1,695. We went 22.89 miles - not long, but fast!

It was eventful...Trisha got cut off by a car at an intersection and laid her bike down. Her knee is all tore up but her thank heaven her bike and riding outfit are ok. It is a fashion show, after all.

Eric got a flat. We had all these cool gadgets - canisters, adapters, etc - but in the end nothing fit. So luckily Greg broke it down old-school for us with the collapsible pump.

MWR is having a family fun bike event in a couple hours. They're riding perimeter road all the way around the airfield and then playing in the pool and BBQ-ing some burgers. I told the lady who's in charge that I would go early and help out. It's in my best interest - last time they did this we had half-dozen riders take a wrong turn and rode across the runways!
Happy Birthday to Nick and Tom! Hope you guys had a great birthday...you better call me tell me what you got....
Ciao,
Bud

No comments: